- Loneliness, helplessness, and boredom are painful and destructive
to our health and well-being.
- A caring, inclusive and vibrant community enables all of us, regard
less of age or ability, to experience well-being.
- We thrive when we have easy access to the companionship we
desire. This is the antidote to loneliness.
- We thrive when we have purpose and the opportunity to give, as
well as receive. This is the antidote to helplessness.
- We thrive when we have variety, spontaneity, and unexpected
happenings in our lives. This is the antidote to boredom.
- Meaningless activity corrodes the human spirit. Meaning is unique
to each of us and is essential to health and well being.
- We are more than our medical diagnoses. Medical treatment should
support and empower us to experience a life worth living.
- Decision-making must involve those most impacted by the decision.
Empowerment activates choice, autonomy, and influence.
- Building a collaborative and resilient culture is a never-ending
process. We need to keep learning, developing, and adapting.
- Wise leadership is the key to meaningful and lasting change. For
it, there can be no substitute.
Skip to content